Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 6 - we have SHEETROCK!!!!

Yes, it's been a good day here. We started out with my dad putting in yet two more outlet boxes for my under cabinet lighting. Then, the sheetrock started. How freaking exciting is that? They got almost the entire inside of my room done. Tomorrow morning they will finish and then tape & put up the first coat of mud. Friday will be the 2nd coat of mud and Saturday will be the third. Sunday will be sanding and probably priming. I'm hoping that my cabinets will go up Friday but I'm pretty sure it won't be until Monday. ;o( As long as they get one coat of mud on the walls where the cabinets are going, I don't see why they need to make those spots perfect.......they'll be all covered up and I'm certainly not priming or painting those areas......

We have a huge dilemma though.... because I had to move the doorway and my shelving unit and they built the wall 4 inches to the back of the house instead of 4 inches to the front, now my MM Embellishment center does NOT fit on the wall. I don't know what to do about that.....I may have to re-design my whole entire shelving unit or make the top narrower than the bottom - what a dilemma! hmmmm....I'll have to think on that for a few days. ;o(

Here is the vapor barrier - I joked that I felt like I was living in a bubble.....lol
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: