Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 13 - I almost took the day off...

I am SO sore from sanding and staining the floor last night. I could hardly move this morning. I have muscles aching in places I didn't know I had muscles......even my butt cheeks hurt....lol I did a whole lotta sitting on my arse today. Steve came and puttered all day. He fixed the hole in the kitchen ceiling so now it's ready to re-hang the cabinet sideways now. He also got some of the moldings done and re-built some of the door casings. It doesn't look like he really did anything today even though I know he was busy - I must have seen him walk back and forth to the garage fifty times today.

I did poly my floor tonight after Logan's baseball game. I also worked on fixing my big problem in the bathroom. Over our fugly blue shower, no matter what we did, the paint would peel from the moisture. I had the brilliant idea of using peel and stick tiles to cover up the sheetrock and then caulk around the edges - hopefully it works. I only got the back wall done - I still have to do the two side walls which I'll do tomorrow. I'm anxious to get our new towels and shower curtain hung up and I can't do that until I get the tiles done.

Before.........
Photobucket

After........
Photobucket

Before.........
Photobucket

After........
Photobucket

My realllllllllly ugly bathroom - it is what it is. It does look better yellow......I seriously hate the blue shower, sink and toilet but my dream bathroom is going to run at least $15K and we certainly don't have that kinda cash so I'll just have to continue to deal with my blue bathroom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have to say these vinyl tiles are really nice - they look pretty realistic and they even kinda feel realistic.....
Photobucket

The shower curtain I got from Target - it's blue, yellow, green and white.....just perfect. ;o)
Photobucket

0 comments: