Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 5 - Actual CONSTRUCTION

So - today was a HUGE day in my book....lol My Dad and Steve framed out the wall and doorway to my scrapbook room today. How exciting! Whoo hoo! Tomorrow is an even bigger day - sheetrock!

I worked on sanding my floor a bit too. I got just over 1/4 of it done. It's not too bad - just sucks using a palm sander. Dh is in there on his hands & knees right now doing some too. He finished insulating and then tomorrow we'll put up the vapor barrier and then then the rock......ooh, I'm just giddy with anticipation!

We also took time out this morning to go get our passports at the post office and then we went shopping - got some under cabinet lighting and a 'fancy leg' for one corner of my countertops. There honestly is NO reason to have the fancy leg - I just wanted it to look pretty.....haha I didn't want the angled bracket on the one open side...hence the fancy leg.


Should I stain the leg to match the floor (mahogany) or should I paint it white to match the cabinets?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's my room on the backside of the wall. ;o)
Photobucket

My doorway is A LOT wider than I wanted it....it's huge! Good to know that if I am ever in a wheelchair, it'll fit through the doorway.....lol
Photobucket

Photobucket

Old vs. new........
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: