Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 2 - Surprise, Surprise!

Today was a hands on day for everyone except Caleb........The boys got in on the lath fun and helped pull some down. They had a great time. ;o)

Photobucket

While the cat's away, the mice will play. Dh went to take a nap and I decided to bust the wall down. ;o) I didn't do any more because I was afraid of the wires on the backside.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was just another day in the neighborhood until it came time to rip the carpet out.........Surprise Surprise! Lookie what was under the putrid mint green carpet.......HARDWOOD FLOORS! Whoo hoo! I so did not expect that. I happened to come around the corner and dh was taking the carpet up. Through the terribly worn padding, I could see it glistening back up at me. I was giddy with excitement but I couldn't let it show because Jason was in an extremely foul mood and I didn't dare push it. Especially after he made a comment earlier in the day (after whacking himself in the forehead with a piece of lath that had a nail sticking out of it) about how it was such a great idea I came up with (can you hear the sarcasm?). Apparently all of my 'great ideas' only benefit me......and he's the one that's got to do all of the work.....yeah, I felt like an inch big afterwards. He did apologize a little while later (after I'd already cried about it) and said he didn't mean it - he knows the whole house will look really nice when it's all done. He's just stressed....

So, now I just need to finish pulling all of the staples out of the floor and get it sanded to see if it can be salvaged. I know for a fact that the part that will be my scrap room is completely 100% salvageable. I'm not so sure about the part that will be the family room though. The floor slopes a bit and the hardwood does not extend into the kitchen. I'd really like to see if we can just get actual unfinished hardwood to put in the kitchen and dining room addition. I've always wanted hardwood and we were going to go with laminate anyways - I'd rather take what we were going to spend for 4 rooms and spend it on the two rooms. Now I just have to do some sweet talking.....lol

Ironically enough, the flooring going from right to left is exactly where my scrap room will be. Where it changes directions is where the wall is going up . Unfortunately, where the patch on the right is, is right where my doorway is supposed to go. We'll have to fix that somehow.......

Photobucket


And I wanted to share this because it makes me laugh.....lol In the midst of the mess is my internet set-up. haha

Photobucket

0 comments: